Summit SOM 8M Plus System-on-Module - WiFi 5 + Bluetooth 5.3
Our customers asked for a high-performance, secure, and robust IoT SoM that’s rugged, simplifies their BOM, has reliable connectivity, and is globally certified. One with a proven security architecture, long term software support, security fixes, and device management.
Our new Summit SOM 8M Plus is powered by NXP’s innovative i.MX 8M Plus processor and 88W8997 wireless silicon coupled with onboard NXP PMICs (PCA9450CHN and PM823UK), performance LPDDR4 RAM, and eMMC 5.1 storage. We combine this with our long-term support Summit Yocto Linux, secure enclave, and Summit Linux FIPS Core Crypto to offer a comprehensive hardware and software solution throughout your product’s lifecycle.
- Advanced DVK with reference designs for display, camera, audio, LTE, GPS, power consumption profiling, PoE, battery usage, battery charging, USB 3.0 power, and a Bluetooth 5.3 module integration supporting LE coded/Long Range
- Secure Enclave for secure boot, secure credential, and secure data storage including Secure Manufacturing and Provisioning
- Security and Software Life Cycle Maintenance: Support for Summit Yocto Linux with CVE notification and remediation on long term support versions that minimize the impact of changes and revisions
- FIPS 140-3 Level 1 validation managed over the life of product
Laird Connectivity is an NXP Gold Partner
Laird Connectivity is honored to be approved as an NXP Gold Partner! We look forward to working with the NXP team to deliver the solutions our customers need in an ever changing wireless future. Please follow the link for more information.
Our Most Powerful, Feature-Rich SOM Ever
The Summit SOM 8M Plus leverages NXP's I.MX 8M Plus architecture into the most powerful platform for your IoT designs. The use cases are nearly endless, with powerful video, audio, virtualization, a wide array of interfaces, secure enclave and secure boot, brilliant power management, full lifecycle management, and much more.
1.6 GHz 4-core Cortex-A53 MPU
800 MHz Cortex-M7 MCU
Up to 2.3 TOPS dedicated NPU
High-performance edge ML
Display/camera, network, audio
Extensive I/O peripheral support
Up to 4 firewalled Linux instances
Powerful, isolated, and secure
LTS SW availability, OTA updates
Upgrade path for future Wi-Fi/BT
Camera, Video, and Encode/Decode
1200p60 or 4Kp30 (up to 3)
Smart Power Management
PMICs, low-power RAM/storage
Many optimizations via 8M Plus
Secure Enclave / Secure Boot
Dedicated on-board security HW
Signed images, encrypted creds
Sign up to Win a Summit SOM 8M Plus DVK!
Our development kits include reference designs for display, camera, audio, LTE, GPS, power consumption profiling, PoE, battery usage, battery charging, USB 3.0 power, and a Bluetooth 5.2 module integration supporting LE coded/Long Range.
Register for a chance to win a free development kit!
(NXP I.MX 8M Plus)
(NXP I.MX 8M Plus)
1.0 giga pixel/sec
16 GFLOPs 32-bit
OpenGL ES 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, OpenCL 1.2, Vulkan
Six external SAI modules supporting I2S, AC97, TDM, codec/DSP, and DSD interfaces
8-channel PDM mic input
2x Gbit Ethernet with IEEE® 1588, AVB (One also supports TSN)
2x CAN/CAN FD
4x UART 5 Mbit/s
1x SDIO 3.0/eMMC 5.1
Video Encode: 1080p60 AVC/H.264 encoder, 1080p60 HEVC/H.265 encoder
Speech recognition (i.e. Deep Speech 2)
Image recognition (i.e. ResNet-50)
Up to 6GB LPDDR4 on request
|453-00070||Summit SOM 8M Plus (512 MB LPDDR4, 8 GB eMMC)|
|453-00070-K1||Development Kit for Summit SOM 8M Plus (512 MB LPDDR4, 8 GB eMMC)|
|453-00071||Summit SOM 8M Plus (1 GB LPDDR4, 8 GB eMMC)|
|453-00071-K1||Development Kit for Summit SOM 8M Plus (1 GB LPDDR4, 8 GB eMMC)|
|453-00072||Summit SOM 8M Plus (2 GB LPDDR4, 16 GB eMMC)|
|453-00072-K1||Development Kit for Summit SOM 8M Plus (2 GB LPDDR4, 16 GB eMMC)|
- Nanoblade Series Internal Antenna
Vertically polarized, omnidirectional planar antenna with 2 dBi gain @2.24-2.5 GHz, 3.9 dBi gain @ 5.15-5.35 GHz, and 4 dBi gain @ 5.6 Ghz.
- Mini NanoBlade Flex / Flex 6E Series Internal Antenna
Flexible, onmidirectional PCB Mini NanoBlade. Vertically polarized, with 2.79 dBi gain @ 2.4 GHz, 3.38 dBi gain @ 5 GHz, and 5.2 dBi gain @ 6GHz.
- FlexMIMO Dual-Band MIMO Internal Antenna
The world's first flexible PIFA antenna for Wi-Fi MIMO applications with gain of 2-3.5 dBi.
- FlexPIFA / FlexPIFA 6E Flexible Adhesive-Backed PIFA Internal Antennas
Industry-first, flexible, planar inverted-F antennas for curved surfaces.
2.5-3 dBi gain.
Available in 2.4 GHz, dual-band 2.4/5 GHz and Wi-Fi 6E 2.4/5/6 GHz.
Become a Laird Connectivity Customer and Gain Exclusive Access to Our Design Services Team
- Antenna Scans
- Antenna selection and placement
- Custom antenna design
- Worldwide EMC testing / certifications
- Embedded RF hardware / firmware design
- Cloud architecture and integration
- Mobile application development
- Product & Industrial Design