Five Critical Things to Look for in a Custom Antenna Design and Manufacturing Company
The demand for customized antennas is growing as the IoT (Internet of Things) market is exploding. As this demand for smaller antennas that support multiple frequencies and wireless technologies (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Cellular) increases, so is the demand for custom antennas that provide specific performance and coverage that can’t be found in an off-the-shelf antenna. This Custom Antenna Buyer’s Guide will help you:
- Understand the support team you will need- From design to finished product
- Know what simulation tools are required for optimized antenna performance
- Understand the importance of rapid prototyping
- Know what testing equipment is required to verify 3D antenna performance
- Choose the right manufacturer that can scale with your needs
See How We Can Help You Go to Market Faster
After decades of design engineering and OEM manufacturing experience, Laird’s superior design, RF engineering and testing practices have set the standard for high performance and reliability. Let us help you accelerate your wireless product development with end-to-end custom antenna design and manufacturing.
Custom Antenna Design and Manufacturing Capabilities
Laird’s highly experienced team will work directly with you to evaluate antenna characteristics and performance factors critical to developing the optimal antenna solution, including frequency band, gain and pattern shaping, radiation efficiency, and required form factors. Laird has experience designing, testing and manufacturing antennas from low band VHF frequencies to 6 GHz.
Design, Simulation, and Prototyping
Laird uses state-of-the-art antenna simulation tools to design and optimize antenna performance for your specific application, addressing challenges such as gain and pattern regulatory restrictions, efficient matching to the radio system, and environmental and mechanical requirements. Laird’s unique Artificial Intelligence Optimizer application ensures that the antenna design is as small as possible for the required performance. Our industrial engineers utilize a full machine shop, complete with 3D printing, for rapid prototyping, allowing you to bring your wireless product to market faster.
Laird operates multiple 3D anechoic antenna test chambers, located globally, that capture accurate, 3D antenna patterns, assuring that your antennas meet or exceed the expected performance requirements.
Low Cost, In-house Manufacturing
For decades, Laird has produced the industry’s highest quality antennas for leading brands at our own manufacturing facilities. With 27 total assembly lines, 39 molding machines, and 9 FIP machines, Laird produces the industry’s most cost-effective, high performance, custom antenna solutions with the fastest time to market.
EMC/FCC Compliance Certification
Laird has its own, independently managed, certified FCC/IC/CE test laboratory. This is truly a game changer that sets Laird apart from the competition. Whether your product needs compliance certification for the U.S., Canadian, or European markets, our in-house testing capabilities save an enormous amount of time, enabling you to bring your wireless solution to market faster and with complete confidence.
Why Choose a Custom Antenna?
Laird's custom antennas address specific design challenges and requirements to provide an ideal antenna solution for any application.
- Maximum Performance - Antennas specifically designed to perform in your enclosure, to your requirements.
- Lower Cost Solution - Everything you need and nothing you don't, reducing BOM costs efficiently.
- Custom Multi-Band Capabilities - Performance across the full range of needed frequencies.
- Custom Mechanical Requirement - ESD, environmental, and shock tolerances to be sure you stay connected, no matter what.
Our Innovative Antennas Solve Your Challenges
Vandal-Resistant Dome Antenna
A custom enclosure for a dual band, LoRa antenna that is so tough, it can withstand a direct hit from a baseball bat.
- Required dual band 868/900 MHz
- LoRA frequency bands
- Ultra low profile design
- IP67 weatherproof enclosures
Embedded LoRaWAN Antenna
An embedded LoRaWAN antenna specially made for a low profile, easy mounting, and reduced cost.
- Low profile embedded antenna
- Low cost
- Compact dual band 868/900 MHz
- Omnidirectional performance for use in a wide range of mounting applications
5G Massive MIMO Antenna
A uniquely designed, high performance 5G-specific antenna made to scale, with low cost components.
- OEM antenna solution for new 5G requirements
- Scalable design for different array sizes
- Low cost SMT placeable elements
- Low PIM design
Webinar: Laird Connectivity Antenna Design Services
Laird Connectivity is known for our innovative antenna solutions for Cellular, Two-Way Radio, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, RFID, LPWAN, ISM, and a wide range of IoT/M2M applications. We also produce custom antennas that we design and manufacture for many of the world’s leading brands. We have very unique capabilities when it comes to antenna design and manufacturing, and the goal in this webinar is to explore these capabilities.