UWB is Joining Our Portfolio!
Coming Soon: Sera NX040 UWB & Bluetooth LE Modules
Published on September 21, 2023
We are very excited to announce that ultra-wideband (UWB) technology will soon join the Laird Connectivity portfolio. The upcoming Sera NX040 module series innovatively combines UWB and Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) into one solution that delivers precise, granular positioning and processing for medical and industrial IoT applications.
This UWB tag solution seamlessly integrates the cutting edge Trimension™ SR040 chipset UWB silicon from NXP with the processing and Bluetooth LE capabilities of Nordic Semiconductor’s nRF52833 system-on-chip (SoC). This innovative combination, paired with our added value hardware, software, and services, brings new possibilities for UWB to grow beyond consumer and automotive segments into mainstream IoT devices.
Key features and benefits include:
- NXP Trimension™ SR040 – IEEE 802.15.4z UWB silicon
- Nordic Semiconductor nRF52833 – Bluetooth LE, NFC and MCU
- ARM Cortex M4 (64 MHz) - 512kB / 128kB
- Small form factor PCB modules with multiple antenna options
- Seamless multiprotocol integration
- Bluetooth LE 5.4 and NFC
- UWB - channels 5 and 9
- Flexible I/O – GPIO, UART, I2C, SPI, USB
- All required external components, crystals, filters and additional 8Mbit Flash
- Ultra-low power consumption with coin cell operation
- Industrial temperature range -40 °C to +85 °C
- Regulatory – FCC, ISED, CE, UKCA, MIC, RCM (pending)
- Bluetooth SIG and FiRa Consortium (pending)
Visit the product page for more information, access to preliminary documentation, and to enter to win a free development kit.