The Top 10 Most Popular Blog Posts of 2013
Published on January 14, 2014
Here’s a look at Laird’s top 10 most popular blog posts on the Wireless Connectivity Blog for 2013:
10. Lumia Black Update to Showcase BLE: Nokia, acquired by Microsoft, announced that the software update titled Lumia Black will add BLE to all Windows Phone 8 Lumia handsets.
9. Engineering the Wireless Hospital: Client Device Requirements: Hospital IT managers should consider client device requirements before designing or updating Wi-Fi networks. Different types of client devices have different requirements because they run different types of applications and serve different types of users.
8. What OS is Best for a Medical Device: Android makes a good operating system (OS) choice for some medical devices, stacking up well against traditional mainstream OS competitors such as Microsoft Windows Embedded Compact (CE) and Linux.
7. Bl600 Bluetooth Low Energy Modules from Laird: The debut of Laird’s BL600 modules with smartBASIC, a unique event-driven programming language. BL600 modules provided exceptionally low power consumption with outstanding wireless range.
6. Applications for TV White Space: Currently two very different use cases are emerging to take advantage of restriction-laden frequencies available: rural broadband deployments, and low-cost, low-power machine-to-machine (M2M) communications.
5. BLE Overview: An in-depth look into the technology, specifications, features and industries/markets of one of today’s most influential technologies, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE).
4. History of Wireless: James Clerk Maxwell: James Clerk Maxwell formulated the classical electromagnetic theory. His achievements concerning electromagnetism are widely considered to be the “second great unification in physics”.
3. Google Announces Android Support for BLE: Google’s announcement of Android support for Bluetooth Smart Ready and Bluetooth Smart devices. Native Android support for BLE technology enables developers to easily connect their devices and applications within the massive Android ecosystem and paves the way for a further explosion of smartphones and tablets that natively support BLE.
2. Honeywell Acquisition of Intermec Slowed by Antitrust Issues: A game changing deal for the rugged handheld market. The deal narrows the market down to two big players.
1. Wi-Fi and Greenfield Mode Functionality: The drawbacks of Greenfield mode, and ultimately why Laird recommends the use of a Multiple-In, Multiple-Out (MIMO) antenna solutions.
Check back with Laird’s Wireless Connectivity Blog as we cover 2014’s latest news surrounding Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and other wireless topics.