Laird Acquires LS Research
Recently, Laird acquired LS Research, a leader in wireless product design and development. Based in Cedarburg, Wisconsin, LSR offers embedded Radio Frequency (RF) products and services that simplify wireless and accelerate development for its customers. Its operations are split into three key areas:
- RF design services to enable the Enterprise Internet of Things (EIoT) connectivity applications
- RF products including certified wireless modules and antennas
- Electro-Magnetic Conductivity (EMC) testing to international certification standards.
In addition, it provides Near Field, Local Area and Wide Area products and services to enable wireless connectivity and EIoT capabilities into the commercial and light industrial markets.
LSR is a complementary fit with Laird’s existing M2M business. This acquisition adds new capabilities in embedded wireless solutions and services to Laird, providing our customers with access to new services, capabilities and products that enable and further unlock the potential of the EIoT.
Integrating Laird’s existing capabilities in embedded wireless technology with those of LSR will realize the benefits and opportunities of our combined technology, products, services and routes to market. The skills of our new people will add strength to our existing engineering, sales and leadership teams, together, enabling us to:
- Increase our combined offering into the light industrial and commercial sectors
- Expand our capabilities and scope of supply by adding new services in the form of EMC testing facilities and upstream wireless connectivity design capabilities that enable EIoT ecosystems
- Further drive our differentiation principles of innovation, reliable fulfillment and speed by adding new (pre and post sales) services and products and reducing time to market for new products