Introducing the Nitrogen8M Mini SMARC SOM
Delivers multiple display, video, and audio interface options which are ideal for industrial HMI applications
Published on December 12, 2023
We are excited to introduce the upcoming Nitrogen8M Mini SMARC, a high performance product in our system-on-module (SOM) portfolio conforming to the SMARC industry standard.
The Nitrogen8M Mini SMARC SOM is powered by NXP’s i.MX 8M Mini processor and optional Laird Connectivity Sona™ Wi-Fi 6/6E & Bluetooth 5.3/5.4 families. This SOM features a versatile range of interfaces including accelerated video and audio, making it ideal for industrial human-machine interface applications. Use our common carrier board or work with us to design a custom board, to speed your products to market. Our SMARC portfolio allows you to design applications that scale now and into your future design cycles with upgrade paths to the latest processors and wireless silicon.
Stand-out features include:
- Optional: Wi-Fi 6/6E + Bluetooth 5.3/5.4
- SMARC 2.1.1 standard form factor: 82mm x 50mm
- 1.8 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53 MPU and 400 MHz Corex-M4 MCU
- Graphics, video, vision, and audio
- Secure enclave and secure boot powered by i.MX 8M Mini
- Multiple high-performance memory options
- Extensive range of pre-certified antennas
- 10+ year product lifecycle
- Software support includes Yocto Linux, Buildroot Linux, Android, Ubuntu, Zephyr RTOS, and FreeRTOS
- Commercial and industrial temperature rating options
- Global radio certifications – FCC, ISED, CE, UKCA and more
Visit the product page to access the product brief and more information.