After decades of designing, developing, and manufacturing in low-power wireless technologies, the Laird Connectivity team is proud to announce our next generation, fully-integrated, multi-wireless solution – Pinnacle™ 100.
The Pinnacle 100 is a multi-wireless modem that combines low-power cellular LTE CAT-M1 and NB-IoT with Bluetooth 5 technology into a fully-integrated hardware platform. This unique combination enables totally new use cases using low-cost, long-range Bluetooth sensors all connected in a much simpler and lower cost architecture.
The Pinnacle 100 seamlessly incorporates a powerful Cortex M4F controller running a hostless Zephyr RTOS-based software implementation, complete Bluetooth 5 functionality, and LTE CAT-M1/NB-IoT capabilities – all fully certified from a radio regulatory, cellular and network carrier perspective. This unique combination of capabilities simplifies common use cases like using a smartphone to configure and create an LTE connection in a product. It also enables new use cases combining multiple long-range meshed Bluetooth sensors connected to the Cloud over the evolving global low-power LTE network. Bridging Bluetooth sensors to a single intelligent LTE device allows customers to optimize sensor coverage and manage cellular data with a simple, low-cost architecture, not to mention decrease time-to-market and deliver real-time insights.
The Pinnacle 100 comes with:
- A pre-integrated embedded antenna option OR
- Multiple external antenna options including our Revi Flex
- Integrated Bluetooth radio supporting LE Long Range, 2MPHY, and Bluetooth mesh
- Cortex MHF4 MCU with secure, integrated bootloader
- Hostless operation via Zephyr or hosted via AT command set
- Complete radio, cellular, and carrier certifications
Multiple low-cost development kits will be available to simplify application development and provide everything required for initial evaluation right out of the box including:
- Standalone Bluetooth 5 environmental sensor (Bosch 280)
- SIM card with prepaid data
- Companion smartphone app for provisioning
- Complete end-to-end AWS cloud demo to see your Bluetooth sensor data in the Cloud in minutes
Visit the product page to sign up for updates and enter our raffle to win a FREE Pinnacle development kit!