Coming Soon: Nitrogen8M Plus SMARC®
Published on March 30, 2023
We are excited to introduce the upcoming Nitrogen8M Plus SMARC, the first product in our system-on-module (SOM) portfolio conforming to the SMARC industry standard.
The Nitrogen8M Plus SMARC is powered by NXP’s innovative i.MX 8M Plus applications processor, NXP PMIC PCA9450, and Laird Connectivity's Sterling™-LWB5+ Wi-Fi 5 & Bluetooth 5.2 combo radio module based on Infineon’s CYW4373E silicon. This high-performance module, combined with the SMARC carrier/development board, together serve as a single board computer (SBC) that can significantly speed customer products to market.
Stand-out features include:
- Wi-Fi 5
- Bluetooth 5.2
- SMARC 2.1 standard form factor: 82mm x 50mm
- 1.8 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53 MPU and 800 MHz Corex-M7 MCU
- Machine learning, graphics, video, vision, and audio
- Secure enclave and secure boot powered by i.MX 8M Plus
- Multiple high-performance memory options
- Extensive range of pre-certified antennas
- 10+ year product lifecycle
- Software support includes Yocto Linux, Android, Zephyr RTOS, and FreeRTOS
- Commercial and industrial temperature rating options
- Global radio certifications – FCC, ISED, CE, UKCA and more
Visit the product page to access the product brief and register for sample information.