Coming Soon: New Mini Bluetooth 5.1 Modules from Laird Connectivity
We are pleased to announce our upcoming Bluetooth 5.1 module series, the BL653µ. The BL653µ is a miniaturized series of modules from Laird Connectivity that delivers Bluetooth 5.1 connectivity to the harshest environments at a fraction of the footprint (as small as 6.3 x 5.6mm). The BL653µ specifically targets designs where space is constrained while delivering complete multi-protocol embedded wireless connectivity with exceptional processing capability, Bluetooth 5.1 direction finding with angle of arrival (AoA) and angle of departure (AoD), and an extended temperature range (-40° to +105 °C).
Powered by the Nordic nRF52833 WLCSP silicon, the small form factor BL653µ modules provide secure, robust LE connectivity and a Cortex-M4F CPU for any product design. The BL653µ’s small footprint and programming options for the Nordic SDK or Zephyr RTOS, intuitive AT command set, or Laird Connectivity’s own smartBASIC environment provide maximum development flexibility.
Standout features include:
- Ultra-small footprint
- Integrated Antenna (6.3 mm x 8.6 mm x 1.6 mm)
- Trace Pad Option (6.3 mm x 5.6 mm x 1.6mm)
- Bluetooth 5.1 direction finding (AoA/AoD)
- Cortex M4F (512k Flash/128k RAM)
- Long-range (Coded PHY) & 2MPHY support
- Enhanced operating temperature (up to 105°C)
- NFC and 802.15.4 (Thread and Zigbee) support
- Multiple programming options – Nordic SDK, Zephyr, smartBASIC, and AT command set
Visit the product page for more information and access to preliminary documentation: www.lairdconnect.com/bl653-micro-series