Automated Temperature Monitoring - By Actility, Laird Connectivity, and MyDevices
For logistics, transport, restaurants, hospitals, and other service/hospitality companies that need to monitor their inventory, a broken cold chain is an interrupted series of refrigerated production, storage, and distribution activities. For food service providers, who provide prepared meals outside the home, maintaining a controlled low-temperature range is essential.
The major challenge for managers in these industries is to identify where the biggest loss of precious inventory occurs along the chain and to optimize the operation of the equipment involved. To do this, it is essential for providers to have tools to:
- Optimize the end customer organization through automated processes and rely less on human manual interactions.
- Automatically identify operational deficiencies and have real-time access to temperature data.
- Act quickly on food safety faults.
- Achieve global costs savings and regulatory compliance with an easy-to-install and operate solution.
- Keep track of logs and access to data history.
- Define and measure service targets to be achieved using key performance indicators (KPI).