FlexPIFA and mFlexPIFA Antennas
Industry-First Flexible, Adhesive Mount PIFA Antennas
Laird's FlexPIFA™ and mFlexPIFA™ antennas (patented) are the industry's first flexible Planar Inverted-F Antennas (PIFA). The 2.4 GHz and 2.4/5 GHz mFlexPIFA™ is specifically designed for installation on curved or straight metal surfaces. The 2.4 GHz FlexPIFA™ is ideally suited for mounting on plastic in 2.4 GHz applications such as, Wi-Fi® 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth.
FlexPIFA Antennas are Ideal for Unique Design Challenges
- PIFA design provides consistent performance across broad array of environments & enclosures - plastic, metal, or even body-worn applications
- mFlexPIFA specifically tuned for direct mounting to metal surfaces
- Ability to be flexed in either concave or convex directions without sacrificing antenna performance, providing more flexibility in placement of antenna
- Small size and adhesive-backing give further mounting flexibility within your product design
- Both 2.4 GHz and Dual-Band 2.4/5.5 GHz antennas available to best address your technical application
The Ideal Partner for Laird Modules
The FlexPIFA antennas are recommended for use with Laird's line of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth modules.
Unique Flexible Design
The PIFA design provides consistent performance across a broad array of environments & enclosures - plastic, metal, or even body-worn applications. With the ability to be flexed in either concave or convex directions, without sacrificing antenna performance, the small size and adhesive backing give further mounting flexibility within your product design.
Superior Metal-Mounted Performance
Laird's mFlexPIFA is designed specifically for mounting to metal surfaces while minimizing detuning. Our design provides greater design flexibility in more challenging environments, for the best possible performance.
Wireless Connectivity for Endless Applications
Connected Appliances - Bring connectivity to devices throughout the home with FlexPIFA antennas. Even heavy metallic devices can enjoy high-quality connectivity with mFlexPIFA antenna.
Wearable Devices - The FlexPIFA and mFlexPIFA antennas are uniquely designed to adhere directly to curved surfaces, ideal for providing connectivity in unique form factors where space is limited.
Home Automation - FlexPIFA antennas in the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands are ideal for providing Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connection within the home.
Bring Any Product from Concept to Reality with Laird Design Services
Laird specializes in full-service product design, testing, and manufacture. Laird's complete suite of capabilities allow you to bring your product from concept to reality.
- Design Research and Strategy - Go confidently into the design phase with Laird's comprehensive research and strategy, identifying key trends in the market and discovering unmet needs for innovation.
- Industrial Design - Laird creates unique, visually appealing, brand-consistent products that emotionally connect with the end user, with the sensibility and experience to select the right materials and minimize BOM costs.
- Prototyping - Find out early what works and what doesn't, mitigating risk and preventing problems down the line. Our state-of-the-art prototype lab offers rapid prototyping, plasting and metal casting, and more.
- Short Run Production - Hold it in your hand before moving to market. Our prototyping team can make anything from a few parts to hundreds, so you can see for yourself before committing to hard tooling or a contract manufacturer.
- Mobile App Development - We design user experiences to delight your customers, with expert interaction design, thorough testing, and data mining to ensure your customers get the best possible experience.
One Partner. Unmatched Capabilities.
As a leader in developing the broadest range of wireless modules and antennas, Laird Connectivity enables customers to securely connect devices without compromising reliability or performance. In addition to our breadth of product offerings, we provide comprehensive product development, EMC testing and full certification services that improve speed to market and reduce risk for our customers. Specializing in end-to-end capabilities, we help you innovate groundbreaking solutions that are shaping the future of connected technology.